In his final preparation before The Open Championship, TaylorMade-adidas Golf and Ashworth Golf Tour Professional Justin Rose had all facets of his game under control, winning the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open at Royal Aberdeen over a strong contingent of global challengers.
In Rose’s bag were:
Driver: SLDR 430 (10.5)
Fairway: SLDR (16.5)
Irons: Tour Preferred UDI #2, Tour Preferred MB (2014) (4-PW)
Ball: Tour Preferred X
Wedges: Tour Preferred ATV Grind (52, 58 & 60)
Putter: White Smoke DA-62 prototype
Footwear: adidas Golf adicross gripmore
Apparel: Ashworth Golf
What You Need to Know:
• Rose kept TaylorMade’s new UDI (Ultimate Driving Iron – available 2015) in the bag, having first put it into play prior to his victory at Congressional
• The win is Rose’s 7th European Tour victory and he moves to 3rd in the Official World Golf Rankings
• Rose’s win is his second this season and the fourth overall for adidas Golf footwear featuring revolutionary gripmore technology, having also been worn by Martin Kaymer during his victories at THE PLAYERS as well as the 114th U.S. Open Championship
• Rose first wore adidas Golf’s adicross gripmore footwear at the WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral
• Rose has been a TaylorMade Golf Staff player since 1999 and an Ashworth Golf Tour Player since 2012
For his game off the tee, the 33-year-old switched from the R1 driver to the SLDR (10.5 degrees) at the 2013 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational and has kept it in the bag ever since, including during his playoff victory at the Quicken Loans National in June. The SLDR is engineered with a remarkable low and forward center of gravity (CG) placement which results in dramatically reduced spin rates. Rose’s win was a fitting one for the SLDR, coming exactly a year after the club was first seen at the Scottish Open in 2013.
Rose again played TaylorMade’s new Ultimate Driving Iron, designed by company engineers for more precision off the tee than traditional fairway woods and more distance than long irons. In addition to Rose, the TaylorMade Tour staff is expecting a number of UDIs to be put into play at the Open Championship this week. Rose again played the Tour Preferred irons, which he first added to his bag at the Northern Trust Open.
Complementing his bag full of TaylorMade clubs, Rose wore adidas Golf’s new adicross gripmore footwear, which he first put into play at the WGC-Cadillac Championship and has worn ever since. An evolution in golf footwear, gripmore technology is an innovation in golf footwear cleat design that combines the performance benefits of spiked and spikeless footwear into one revolutionary technology. Also an Ashworth Golf Tour staffer since 2012, Rose wore Ashworth Golf apparel throughout the tournament.
In Rose’s Bag: