Scottish Golf Clothing Co. Praying For Rain On Rory…
With Open champion Rory McIlroy a shoo-in for the European Ryder Cup Team, British golf clothing brand ProQuip will be begging for rain when the competition gets under way this Autumn.
Having Rory decked out will be an incredible marketing goal for the Scottish company, which has launched new golf weatherwear and an exclusive Ryder Cup Collection ahead of the 40th Ryder Cup at Gleneagles in September.
The Scottish golf clothing manufacturer has supplied weatherwear to Ryder Cup Teams for 31-years since first outfitting Jack Nicklaus’ U.S.A Team in 1983, making it the most played brand in Ryder Cup history.
Its ultra-lightweight golf waterproofs have been worn by 19 Ryder Cup Teams – European and American – more than any other manufacturer and ProQuip will raise awareness of its new Official Ryder Cup Collection and product launches with a major consumer marketing campaign this Summer.
The design of the official 2014 European Ryder Cup Team waterproofs are a closely guarded secret and will be revealed in September during event week, the 23rd – 28th September 2014, before going on sale to the public on the first day’s play at Gleneagles.
New for 2014 from ProQuip Golf:
* Exclusive Official Ryder Cup Collection – featuring official Ryder Cup branding on waterproofs, wind tops and knitwear
* New high performance waterproofs, TourFlex Elite 360, Ultralite Performance and a limited edition Ryder Cup replica suit – Aquastorm Medinah
* New wind garments – TourFlex Wind 360 Elite – available in jacket, playing top and gilet styles
* New colours, Grove Green and Fjord Blue, in popular pioneering water repellent knitwear collection
* Winter Golf accessories – Merino Wool water repellent beanies, mittens and waterproof bucket hats
Russell Brooks, general manager of ProQuip Golf, said: “It is a huge honour for ProQuip to again be selected to be the Preferred Supplier of weatherwear to The 2014 European Ryder Cup Team.
“We are incredibly proud of ProQuip’s Ryder Cup heritage and the experience of outfitting the world’s best golfers for one of the biggest spectacles in world sport.”